Nicorette® safety and side effects.
Nicotine replacement therapies are medicine, so it’s important to use them safely. Make sure to follow all the directions on the package and check with your doctor if you have a heart condition, high blood pressure, or if you’re pregnant.
Side effects may include:
- Unexpected cravings or urges for cigarettes
- Anxiety, irritability, restlessness, mood changes, nervousness
- Trouble concentrating
- Increased appetite and weight gain
- Headaches, muscular pain, constipation, fatigue
Stop use and consult your doctor, if:
- Mouth problems occur
- Persistent indigestion or
severe sore throatoccurs
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- You get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness, or rapid heartbeat
- You have symptoms of an allergic reaction (such as difficulty breathing or rash)
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Even used gum contains nicotine, so make sure to dispose of Nicorette properly.