Nicotine lozenge is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results:
- Place the lozenge in your mouth and allow the lozenge to slowly dissolve. Minimize swallowing. Do not chew or swallow lozenge
- You may feel a warm or tingling sensation.
- Occasionally move the lozenge from one side of your mouth to the other until completely dissolved.
- Do not eat or drink 15 minutes before using or while the lozenge is in your mouth.
- To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 lozenges per day for the first 6 weeks.
- Do not use more than one lozenge at a time or continuously use one lozenge after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
- Do not use more than 5 lozenges in 6 hours. Do not use more than 20 lozenges per day.
- It is important to complete treatment. If you feel you need to use the lozenge for a longer period to keep from smoking, talk to your health care provider.
Nicorette® Lozenge Directions
Manage your cravings without anyone having to know.
With Nicorette Lozenges, You’re in Control of Your Quit. Here’s How:
Place the lozenge in your mouth, occasionally moving it from side to side.
Allow it to slowly dissolve (about 20-30 minutes) and try to minimize swallowing.
Do not chew or swallow the lozenge.