NicoDerm CQ vs Nicorette Gum.
Two of the most popular methods of nicotine replacement therapy are the nicotine patch and nicotine gum. While they both use therapeutic nicotine to wean you off of cigarettes, the way that it’s delivered is very different.
Which one works for you?
The method of nicotine replacement you choose comes down to preference and lifestyle.
The chart below highlights some of the advantages of the nicotine patch and nicotine gum.
- Applied once a day upon waking.
- One patch helps relieve cravings all day.
- Unnoticeable when worn under clothing.
- A low-maintenance solution.
- Allows you to control your nicotine intake.
- Is taken throughout the day.
- Chewing keeps mouth busy from smoking.
- A portable option that allows you to take a second piece within the hour when a strong craving hits.
Getting the most out of your nicotine replacement therapy.
No matter what kind of nicotine replacement therapy you use, for it to be most effective it’s important to follow the directions and stay on it for the full program. You can also increase your chances of success by adding a support program to your nicotine replacement therapy.