Reward yourself. It isn't just nice, it actually reinforces your behavior and helps you stick with your quit.
Ignoring your urge to smoke and changing your smoking habits are big wins. Celebrate them! Your rewards don't have to be big or expensive, just something you'll really enjoy. Besides, you've got a week's worth of savings in your pocket — up to about $60 for some quitters. So remember to congratulate yourself for staying smoke-free. Here are a few thought-starters:
- Buy tickets to a concert or sporting event.
- Go out for dinner.
- Spend time doing what you really like — a hobby, sleeping late, playing your favorite sport.
- Buy a CD, magazine or book.
- See a movie.
- Have someone else do an errand or household chore.
- Buy new exercise or sporting equipment.